Why 'My Mink Betty'?

Why 'My Mink Betty'?
I'm not your common, everyday twenty-something year old and when I graduated from High School I got an equally uncommon gift. My parents found for me a beautiful 1940's mink stole at a garage sale. It had belonged to the woman's Great Aunt Betty who had married late in life to a man with money and had only allowed him to buy her this one luxury. The unusually styled stole has the name, Betty L. Jones, embroidered in the satin lining so that's what I call her. They never had children of their own and the mink was passed to Aunt Betty's niece and on to her daughter. Until it got to me, no one since Aunt Betty had worn it. Now Betty the mink and I go to the theater together on special occasions and I hope that someday I can take her to the Symphony or the Ballet. Although Betty hadn't been worn or loved for many years she was waiting for someone to love her again as are most other things I look for when thrifting.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Christmas in July giveaway

Marie over at Lemon Drop Vintage makes beautiful charm bracelets and is having a giveaway. If you haven't seen her bracelets, you're in for a treat!

The drawing closes soon -- July 31st.


I also found another great giveaway over at www.decorchick.com that ends on July 31st. she's giving away a $50 Visa giftcard, go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...