Why 'My Mink Betty'?

Why 'My Mink Betty'?
I'm not your common, everyday twenty-something year old and when I graduated from High School I got an equally uncommon gift. My parents found for me a beautiful 1940's mink stole at a garage sale. It had belonged to the woman's Great Aunt Betty who had married late in life to a man with money and had only allowed him to buy her this one luxury. The unusually styled stole has the name, Betty L. Jones, embroidered in the satin lining so that's what I call her. They never had children of their own and the mink was passed to Aunt Betty's niece and on to her daughter. Until it got to me, no one since Aunt Betty had worn it. Now Betty the mink and I go to the theater together on special occasions and I hope that someday I can take her to the Symphony or the Ballet. Although Betty hadn't been worn or loved for many years she was waiting for someone to love her again as are most other things I look for when thrifting.

Friday, August 13, 2010

The Versatile Blogger Award



Today I received my first blogging award, The Versatile Blogger Award, from Cecily at Craftopotamus! Thank you so much, I love your blog and you are just so sweet!


Now, with this award, come some rules:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass the award to 15 blogs you enjoy and let them know they've been given the award.


7 things about myself!

1. I spent all last night watching the meteor shower.
2. My favorite food is Macaroni and Cheese.
3. I like baking, especially pies.
4. After a whole semester of weight lifting in High School I could bench a whopping 76 pounds.
5. I cried when they canceled Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion.
6. My favorite movie is Stand By Me.
7. When I was little, I wanted to grow up to be Barbie. She got to change her occupation at whim and look fabulous doing it.


A few of my favorite blogs:
1. Laurie @ Magpie Ethel
2. Vintage Hunter @ The Hunt For Vintage
3. Linda @ A La Carte
4. Kari @ Dharma Waits
5. Colleen @ Fresh Vintage
6. Marie @ Lemon Drop Vintage
7. Jenn @ Thriftshop Romantic
8. Erin @ Yard Sale Snoop
9. Michelle @ A Full Cottage
10. Debbie @ Debbiedoos
11. Linda @ Coastal Charm
12. Bounty Huntress
13. P. @ The Way I Sew It
14. Jeni @ In Color Order
15. Vonlipi @ Vonlipi's Favorites

Thank you again to Cecily for giving me the award!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award! And for reminding me about the meteor shower. :)

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the award. This means a lot.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the award...it made my day. I didn't shed tears, but I was certainly VERY SAD when the cancelled ME magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Thank you for the award, that just made my day!! It always amazes me how you start to feel really low about your blogging and someone comes along and shows you it IS worth it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...