Why 'My Mink Betty'?

Why 'My Mink Betty'?
I'm not your common, everyday twenty-something year old and when I graduated from High School I got an equally uncommon gift. My parents found for me a beautiful 1940's mink stole at a garage sale. It had belonged to the woman's Great Aunt Betty who had married late in life to a man with money and had only allowed him to buy her this one luxury. The unusually styled stole has the name, Betty L. Jones, embroidered in the satin lining so that's what I call her. They never had children of their own and the mink was passed to Aunt Betty's niece and on to her daughter. Until it got to me, no one since Aunt Betty had worn it. Now Betty the mink and I go to the theater together on special occasions and I hope that someday I can take her to the Symphony or the Ballet. Although Betty hadn't been worn or loved for many years she was waiting for someone to love her again as are most other things I look for when thrifting.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

C is for Curious Bird

I am joining ABC Wednesday

This little blue parakeet showed up in our yard today. We don't know where he's from or who he belongs to but he seems to be pretty content eating our grass seeds.


(I am aware that this post may be more appropriate for "J is for Junk" week but we haven't gotten there yet.)

I'm linking this post to:
ABC Wednesday

4 comments:

  1. Hi Betty, I love your Betty the mink story! That little blue parakeet is cute. I don't think they do well on their own. And I'll bet someone is missing him...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little parakeet.

    Thanks for your comment, that was to funny about the card holders. As a mom I would have not been amused either! I was only out till about noon with that many sales, I actually wish there had been more I would have kept going! When we lived in Syracuse I would go to 30 in one day!
    :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope someone finds him a home before winter comes. He must surely have belonged to someone. Anyway welcome to ABC Wednesday! I'm on my second time around. It keeps you on your toes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope curiosity doesn't do in the bird!

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...